The terms “for Tomorrow” and “fT” mean the for Tomorrow initiative, a project presented by HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY and the UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME as per the terms of their Framework Cooperation Agreement (FCA) and Pro-Bono Agreement (PBA) and “we” and “our” and other such words refer to the for Tomorrow initiative, and the HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY, as the HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY has sponsored the for Tomorrow website, project, content and program and to assume the expenses relevant to the for Tomorrow website, project, content and program; therefore the intellectual property relevant to the for Tomorrow website, project, content and program is owned by the HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY, as per the terms of the PBA.
Other terms that apply to you
The fT Site allows you to present, submit, send, share or file Contributions and Solutions (hereinafter “Submissions”), and to interact with us by email. Your Submissions and your emails may include personal information about you, the persons who have helped you in the creation of your Submission, the persons you have helped by creating your Solution, your family, friends, a person who was affected by an element of information presented on our website, etc.
We will only use the personal data that you may provide to us to communicate with you or the third parties you mention to us, or to mention to our audience the quality of your Submissions, for the purpose of our goals within the for Tomorrow initiative, which are to promote exchanges and the dissemination and increase of knowledge in the area of sustainable development dissemination, as well as to validate information which we have received; such use will of course be subject to applicable law. We will not use personal data for any other purpose. We treat third-party personal data in the same way as your personal data, and will ensure that it benefits from the same level of protection.
Data controller – Who we are and how to contact us
THE HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY is the controller in relation to the personal data we collect about you, and we are responsible for your personal data.
For those who live in the European Economic Area (EEA)
Where your information originates from within the European Economic Area (EEA), the data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA, including the U.S.A. It may also be processed by staff operating in the U.S.A. or elsewhere outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the evaluation of your Submission, Contribution, Solution, and the provision of support services.
In all other circumstances, whenever we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use model contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the U.S.A., we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield.
We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data.
1. Information collected
The following types of information may be collected by us.
- Personal information you provide to us. Within your account, Solutions, Contributions or emails, you may include, depending on what is allowed by the web interface, texts, photos, videos, names of you and the persons who have helped you in the creation of your Submission, the persons you have helped by creating your Solution, your family, friends, a person who was affected by an element of information presented on our website, etc., as well as other data, materials and information you chose to upload or provide to us.
- Contact and User Information you provide to us for Account Registration. Your account registration information may include your name, country of residence, age bracket, and email address and possibly other information.
2. Use of personal information
We use your personal information for the following general purposes:
- To better know and understand the location, the age, and other characteristics of our visitors and Participants, as well as their needs, in order to improve our website;
- For registration and management of accounts, including facilitating your access to and use of the fT Site;
- To communicate with you, such as communications to deliver information or the fT newsletter, to respond to your questions and comments, to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems, to provide information about the fT Site and comments from the fT community;
- To customize your experience with the fT Site;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection. We may create and share aggregate and anonymous information for use internally or with third parties, including our partners and sponsors, in order to better understand the use of our website.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so, and in particular in the following circumstances:
- To fulfill an agreement we have entered into or are about to enter into with you.
- When you have given us your consent. This applies where you have ticked to say you have read and understood this policy, such as when you register through our website.
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests (or that of a third party), when your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
- To comply with a legal obligation. This applies for example where we are required to retain your personal data for taxation reasons.
Depending on the purpose for which we are processing your personal data, we may rely on one or more of these lawful bases.
We use Hyvor Talk's Single Sign-on feature to connect our userbase with the comments system. Your account details will be used when you choose to comment.
3. Sharing and disclosure
We may disclose and share your personal information in order to be able to render our services, when necessary, with the following entities; those entities will be given access to, and may collect, information only to the extent needed to perform their functions, and must protect your information in a way similar to ours:
- Our contractors and agents (“contractors”) who provide services or functions on our behalf: We may share your information with contractors who assist us in the elaboration, production and maintenance of our operations or provide related services, including hosting services, business analytics, services to Participants, marketing of the for Tomorrow initiative, distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize contractors to collect information on our behalf, as necessary to operate features of our fT Site.
- Our sponsors, business partners and jury members of the for Tomorrow initiative, in relation to the evaluation of Solutions, and the choice and the promotion of some chosen Solutions.
- The UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME Accelerator Labs which will cooperate with us at various stages of the for Tomorrow Initiative.
We may also disclose your personal information in the following situations:
- When required by law in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
- When you have endorsed us, so that we can share your endorsement with other people and let them know that you have endorsed us.
The transmission of information through the Internet is not secure and we cannot control or guarantee its security. Any transmission by you to us shall be at your own risk.
When you use our fT Site and submit a Contribution or present a Solution, any personal information and content you include in a Contribution or Solution is visible to other users and may be viewed, collected or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you chose to share or submit in these situations.
Once we have received your transmission, we will employ reasonable security procedures and practices to protect any personal data from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee its security.
5. Account information
It is important for you to protect your User Name and Password; any action taken by using the appropriate User Name and Password will be deemed to have been taken by you. You should also protect your computer against unauthorized access.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding security.
We may retain your personal information for up to 24 months after your last activity in your account. Activity means that you access or use your fT account for any purpose, including without limitation, logging into your account. This retention allows us to respond to any questions regarding previous account registrations or purchases, facilitate any future account registrations or renewals, comply with our accounting, tax and legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and prevent fraud, and is also for analytical purposes and record-keeping integrity.
Afterwards, your account registration information may remain in our archives for up to an additional 30 months for the reasons set forth above.
If you delete your fT account, any of your Contributions and Solution will be deleted, but your account registration information may remain in our archives for up to an additional 30 months for the reasons set forth above.
We reserve the right to retain in our archives certain personal information as may be required for legal, regulatory, or other government compliance purposes. For example, we may keep information regarding the communications between you and for Tomorrow, which may include your email address, first and last name, language, country (IP address) and user ID, or your opt-in or opt-out status, or whether you deleted your fT account yourself and if so, when.
In addition, you may request at any time that we delete your personal information. Use this form here.
6. Access and control of your personal information
Under certain circumstances, you have the right under data protection laws to:
a) Require access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
b) Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you, to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
c) Require the suspension of processing of your personal data, if for example you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
d) Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
e) Withdraw consent. When we are relying on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, you may not be able to benefit from our services in such circumstances.
You may view and edit much of your personal information online by accessing your account (you will be required to sign in using your Password).
If you would like to delete your account, within the edit profile page, you will find a Delete my account link at the bottom of the page. Once we receive your request to delete your account, all information related to your account, including Contributions and a Solution, will be no longer available and will be deleted thereafter by us. However, certain personal information may remain in our archives as set forth above.
If you make certain transactions (such as creating an account or submitting a Contribution or Solution), we reserve the right to send you communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, surveys relating to your account, and other non-promotional messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Access to information and exercising your rights
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data, or exercise any of the other rights set out above. Please note that we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. In certain circumstances, we may refuse to comply with your request.
In order to process your request, we may ask you for additional information to help us to confirm your identity, to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to anyone who has no right to receive it.
We will aim to respond to your request within one month. Sometimes it may take us longer than one month, if your request is complex or you have made a number of requests at the same time. If this is the case, we will notify you.
7. Right to erasure (Right to oblivion)
You have the right to obtain from the data controller named above the erasure of personal information concerning yourself, without undue delay, and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal information without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
The personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
You withdraw consent on which the processing is based, where there is no other legal ground for the processing.
You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
Your personal data has been unlawfully processed.
Your personal data has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in the state to which the controller is subject.
Where the controller has made the personal data public and is obliged to erase the personal data as described above, the controller, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that you have requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data.
The above shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary:
- For exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- For compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by a law of the state to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- For archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in so far as the right of erasure referred to above in point 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
8. Children’s privacy protection
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16, and children under the age of 16 are not permitted to provide any personal information to the fT Site. Persons under age 16 may not in any way provide us with personal information.
9. Contact information
The for Tomorrow initiative is a project presented by the UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME and the HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY. As the HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY has gracefully accepted to sponsor the for Tomorrow website, project, content and program and to assume the expenses relevant to the for Tomorrow website, project, content and program, the intellectual property relevant to the for Tomorrow website, project, content and program is owned by the HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY.
11. Governing law
October 1, 2020