- Over 381 million tonnes of plastic wastes are produced annually
- Plastics are recycled to exact volume of plastics (p>0.05 i.e not significant) = more plastics, more flooding. Volume of plastic remains constant and even higher in the environment, more pollution
- ~ 90.5% of these wastes have never been recycled
- This has resulted in over 5 trillion plastics still floating in our oceans
- We are a team of shoe designers and environmental scientists
- We imagined if we could convert all these plastic wastes to foot wears - making money and reducing wastes simultaneously
- Potential for impact is huge! - Global footwear market is currently valued at $264 billion!
- We decided to occupy a niche of recycled, low-cost plastic shoes (which are modular and patented) will make a profit, whilst also benefitting people and planet.
- 0.5kg of plastic wastes = 1 shoe
- ~ 381 million tonnes of plastic wastes produced annually = 762 trillion shoes!!!
- Our average shoe is $41.44; profit/shoe is $27.9.
- Annual Global footwear market is currently valued at $264 billion
- Our target is 0.0005% of annual global footwear market share ($132,608,000 in Revenue/year)
and save ~ 40,512,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions per year!